January 8th, 2020 | 1:00pm - 2:30pm
* IMPORTANT NOTE: There was new information released from the SBA while this webinar was already in progress. The following clarification supersedes what was presented in this portion of the webinar.
“The SBA and Treasury said in a news release that initially only community financial institutions that serve minority- and women-owned businesses will be able to make loans. Specifically, these community financial institutions can begin making loans to first-time PPP borrowers on Monday and second-time PPP borrowers on Wednesday.
The application window for forgivable PPP loans will open to all lenders “shortly thereafter,” according to the news release, which did not specify a date. The closing date for the new PPP is March 31.”
Michael Murphy | CEO, Platinum Group
Sabrina Presnell Rockoff & Murphy Horne Fletcher | McGuire Wood & Bissette Law Firm
We are continuing our Employer Webinar series in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Updates for business owners will be provided on the following topics:
- FFCRA Updates
- EEOC Vaccination Guidance
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans - New Round Requirements
- Tax deductibility of PPP loan expenses - Some great news
- Expansion of the PPP loan program - More entities qualify
- Highlight of other provisions of the Bill
For updates related to unemployment please check the NCDES website by clicking here. They have indicated updates will be provided every few days.Three-Page “Guidance on Accessing Capital for Minority, Underserved, Veteran and Women-Owned Business Concerns” from the SBA.